Barbara and John Dewey papers
Scope and Contents
This collection contains documents of John H. Dewey and Barbara Davis Dewey during their time as students at Michigan State College (now Michigan State University) from 1949 to 1951. Included in the collection are commencement ceremony programs, tickets, programs, and scorecards for MSC football and baseball games, and tickets and programs from the MSC Lecture-Concert Series. Of particular note are publications from the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority, including a book of songs, and newspaper articles written by Barbara Davis.
- 1949 - 1951
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
John H. Dewey (1924-2002) graduated from Michigan State College (now Michigan State University) with a B.A. in business administration in 1949. John was the vice president of Sigma Epsilon, the business and economics student honorary. John was a World War II veteran who served from 1943-1946.
Barbara L. Davis (1929-2002) graduated in 1951 with her Bachelor's degree also in business administration. Barbara was a member of the MSC orchestra, Kappa Alpha Theta sorority, and Phi Gamma Nu, the business administration professional sorority.
John and Barbara married on June 23, 1951 in Flint, Michigan.
0.25 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- College sports -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Greek letter societies -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Kappa Alpha Theta. Beta Pi Chapter. (Michigan State University)
- Michigan State University. Alumni and alumnae
- Michigan State University. Athletics. Baseball
- Michigan State University. Football
- Programs (Publications)
- Barbara and John Dewey papers
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- A. Texel
- January 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.