Richard Hartwig collection
Scope and Contents
The Richard T. Hartwig collection contains slides of buildings of campus including the Kellogg Center under construction, the Veterinary Medicine building under construction, the auditorium, the Library (currently the Museum, the Administration building (currently Linton Hall), Ag
The accession consists of slides of campus from June 1946 and August 1950 and a notebook which was given out during the Future Farmers Program and 4-H Club week. It has a MSU Cooperative Extension name tag stuck on it with Hartwig's name on it.
- 1945-1946, 1950, undated
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Richard T. Hartwig was born in 1916 in Elba, Michigan. He attended MSU from 1938 to 1941 and received a degree in agriculture. He attended the Harvard Business school from 1942 to 1943 and was also in the army for three years. He also received an MA degree from the University of Chicago in 1957. In 1950 he became an assistant professor and extension specialist in economics at MSU. He was based in Upper Peninsula during his career in extension Hartwig retired in 1977 and passed away in 2005.
0.1 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Hartwig, Richard T.
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.