Phi Beta Kappa records
Scope and Content
The collection consists of the constitution and by-laws of the chapter, meeting announcements and minutes, committee information, correspondence between 1945 and 1977, and copies of the Key Reporter from 1948-1959. There are also two volumes: reports supporting the application for forming a chapter at Michigan State University (1959) and the Phi Beta Kappa Report for 1965.
- 1944-1990, 2006
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research except for restricted materials.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The Epsilon of Michigan Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa at Michigan State University was chartered by the national organization in 1967. The honor society began in 1929 as the Lansing-East Lansing Association of Phi Beta Kappa and held its last meeting in December, 1967. The Epsilon of Michigan Chapter held its first meeting in 1968.
0.5 Cubic Feet (, 18 folders, 2 volumes)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Annual reports
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College students -- Societies and clubs
- Greek letter societies -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Lansing-East Lansing Association of Phi Beta Kappa
- Letters (correspondence)
- Michigan State University. Faculty
- Michigan State University. Students. Societies, etc
- Minutes (Records)
- Phi Beta Kappa. Epsilon of Michigan (Michigan State University)
- Universities and colleges -- Michigan -- East Lansing -- Faculty
- Kimber, Harry Hubert, 1903- (Donor, Person)
- Frame, James Sutherland, 1907- (Donor, Person)
- Phi Beta Kappa Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US