Beth J. Shapiro papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of one copy of Beth J. Shapiro's 1982 doctoral dissertation entitled, "Intercollegiate Athletics and Big-Time Sport at Michigan State University: or 'The Difference between Good and Great is a Little Extra Effort.'" The dissertation outlines the role John Hannah played in the growth of the University and its sports, fiscal trends for college athletics, the relationship between athletics and educational achievement, and the experiences of black athletes.
- Shapiro, Beth J. (Donor, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
0.1 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- African American athletes -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College sports -- Economic aspects -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College sports -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College sports -- Social aspects -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Hannah, John A., 1902-1991
- Michigan State University. Class of 1982
- Michigan State University. Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae
- Beth J. Shapiro Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- L. Gardiner
- November 2003
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.