Elizabeth Palm collection
The Elizabeth Palm collection consists of a scrapbook. The scrapbook contains printouts of the M.A.C (Michigan Agricultural College) alma mater and football songs, a M.A.C Dramatic Club program, photographs dated from 1907 to 1916 including groups of M.A.C students, buildings and grounds around the college, May Day event, and the circus student event. The scrapbook also includes dance cards from literary society events, ephemera, tickets, newspaper clippings, an issue of The Ju Shak Ma by the Junior Shakespearean class 1910, and a pin from the M.A.C Athletic Association 1909-1910. There are also a few items relating to her time at the University of Illinois Champaign Urbana including photographs, newspaper clippings, and a train ticket.
- Palm, Elizabeth (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Biographical / Historical
Elizabeth Myrtilla Palm was born on July 19, 1885 in Dwight, Illinois, the eldest child of parents Milton and Mary Palm. The Palm family moved to Meridian Township near East Lansing, Michigan, where Elizabeth attended Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University). She graduated with a B.S in home economics in 1911 and in the fall of 1918, Elizabeth and another M.A.C. alumna joined the Red Cross to serve as army nurses during World War I. She went to library school at the University of Illinois and became a librarian at the Lansing Public Library. She passed away on May 2, 1965 in East Lansing, Michigan.
0.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- College campuses -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Michigan Agricultural College. Aurorian Literary Society
- Michigan Agricultural College. Circus
- Michigan Agricultural College. Dramatic Club
- Michigan Agricultural College. Feronian Literary Society
- Michigan Agricultural College. Hesperian Literary Society
- Michigan Agricultural College. Olympic Literary Society
- Michigan Agricultural College. Themian Literary Society
- Student activities -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Elizabeth Palm Collection
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- November 2022
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description