College of Nursing records
Scope and Contents
The records consist of degree program and department brochures, department progress report, department self- evaluation, Report of the Student Health Service and Teaching Research Hospital, report on the Michigan State University Medical Center, and Minority Project in Nursing Final Report, and course syllabi and materials. Also included is a Historical Development of the MSU School of Nursing by Florence Kempf and an early handout on nursing procedures.
The Electronic Resources include correspondence in the form of e-mail memos and attachments, issues of the College of Nursing eNews from 2014 to 2016, and issues of the College of Nursing Magazine from 2013 to 2016.
- 1951 - 2016
- Michigan State University. College of Nursing (Donor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Nursing courses have been offered at MSU since 1925 when a program with the School of Home Economics and Sparrow Hospital was created. Students received a B.S. degree in Home Economics and a diploma in nursing. In 1950 the Department of Nursing Education was created as part of the Division of Biological Sciences in the College of Arts and Science. In 1957 reorganization of the university resulted in the department becoming the School of Nursing. In 1980 the school became the College of Nursing.
3.2 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University
Property Rights: Michigan State University
- College of Nursing Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- S. Roberts
- November 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.