National Pan-Hellenic Council records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains the charter for the Michigan State University chapter of the National Pan-Hellenic Council dated May 11, 1977 and a 1978 letter which says the enclosed charter is the corrected copy.
- National Pan-Hellenic Council (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The National Pan-Hellenic Council is the coordinating body for the nine historically African American fraternities and sororities. They include Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Iota Phi Theta Fraternity.
The MSU National Pan-Hellenic Council coordinates these groups on the MSU campus.
MSU's chapter was established on May 11, 1977 with Phi Beta Sigma and Zeta Phi Beta as charter members.
0.1 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- African American Greek letter societies -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- African American college students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Charters and articles of incorporation
- Greek letter societies -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Letters (correspondence)
- Michigan State University, National Pan-Hellenic Council
- National Pan-Hellenic Council Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- S. Roberts
- January 2020
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.