MSU Community Club records
Scope and Contents
The MSU Community Club records include administrative records and scrapbooks. The administrative records include materials related to the Newcomers Club such as minutes, membership lists, budgets, programs and agendas of the club's activities, correspondence, constitutions, and the annual reports of the officers. The folders are arranged according to the school year in which the club was active, usually from September to May. Each folder is arranged with the introductory material first, followed by the monthly activities, and finally by the year end reports. The administrative records relating the MSU Community Club includes president’s notebooks, minutes, membership directories, planning materials, scholarship luncheons, and histories of the club.
The Faculty Folk Club scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings regarding the club's activities. The scrapbooks are arranged chronologically and document the club's meetings, fund raisers, and parties. Also included are programs and correspondence which complement the preceding material. The Newcomer’s Club scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings regarding the club’s activities.
The Electronic Resources includes digital newsletters, brochures, invitation mock-ups, and flyers related to the MSUCC and its events.
- 1934 - 2009
- Michigan State University. Faculty Folk Club (Organization)
- Michigan State University. Brides Club (Organization)
- Michigan State University Community Club (Organization)
- Michigan State University. Newcomers Club (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The MSU Community Club was first called the Faculty Folk Club and formed in 1923 for the purpose of assisting all faculty women in becoming better acquainted with each other. Through the understanding that this goal would best be reached if activities were organized to bring the women together, several interest groups were formed. These groups included a bridge club, a hiking club, and a dancing class. Additionally, two sponsored clubs were born from the parent Faculty Folk Club: the Bride Club and the Newcomers Club. In 2000, men were allowed to join the club. In September 2006, the name was changed to the MSU Community Club.
5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Preservica Public URL
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- MSU Community Club Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- S. Bykowicz and J. Cou
- April 1986
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.