Department of Anthropology records
Scope and Contents
Anthropology Department records include course examinations (1964-1968), curriculum records, financial records (1964-1969), reports, and graduate program records. There is also a folder on a student strike in 1970. Other materials include College of Human Medicine curriculum and department records.
- 1961 - 2008
- Michigan State University. Department of Anthropology (Organization)
- Michigan State University. College of Human Medicine (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research except for restricted materials. The following box/folders contain restricted information: Box 513, folders 40, 45-79; Box 514, folders 1-124; Box 515, folders 1-54.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Prior to 1944, anthropology courses were available through the Department of Sociology in the Division of Liberal Arts. In 1944, the Department of Sociology and Anthropology was created in the Division of Social Science in the School of Science and Arts. Circa 1964, anthropology and sociology split into two departments. Today, the Department of Anthropology is within the College of Social Science.
5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Annual reports
- Anthropology -- Study and teaching
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Course materials
- Financial records
- Handbooks and manuals
- Medical education -- Michigan
- Michigan State University. College of Human Medicine
- Michigan State University. Department of Anthropology
- Michigan State University. Student strike (1970)
- Minutes (administrative records)
- Department of Anthropology Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.