Center for Advanced Study of International Development (CASID) records
Scope and Contents
The Center for Advanced Study of International Development records consist of an annual report for 1987, information on relevant courses, event fliers, list of publications offered by the Center, and brochures about the Center.
- 1983-1996, 2018
- Michigan State University. Center for Advanced Study of International Development (Donor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The Center for Advanced Study in International Development (CASID) at Michigan State University promotes and coordinates the work of faculty and students interested in developing countries, especially from the perspective of social sciences and liberal arts. Since 1981, CASID has been designated by the U.S. Department of Education as a National Resource Center in International Studies and for Foreign Language and International Studies Felllowships under Title VI of the Higher Education Act of 1965.
CASID is a multidisciplinary unit organized within the College of Social Science in cooperation with the Office of the Dean of International Studies and Programs and strengthened by the participation of scholars from a number of other colleges.
Unlike other international centers on campus, CASID is issue rather than geographically oriented. Studies and research are focused on a variety of third-world development topics, including development assistance policy, regional development, rural-to-urban migration, growth and equity in development, and health and nutrition.
CASID has been able to sponsor a wide-ranging set of activities with the goal of furthering the internationalization of research, teaching, and service activities of MSU.
(Source: International Studies and Programs at Michigan State University, 1987)
0.25 Cubic Feet (, 5 folders)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Annual reports
- Developing countries
- Economic development -- Developing countries
- Michigan State University. Center for Advanced Study of International Development
- Michigan State University. College of Social Science
- Michigan State University. Office of International Studies and Programs
- Center for Advanced Study of International Development (CASID) Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- S. Roberts
- January 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.