Philip Elton Gunby papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of the program to the Water Carnival of 1954, a photograph montage featuring images of Michigan State College joining the Big Ten in 1948 and the 1953 Rose Bowl, a newspaper clipping from the Columbus Dispatch (OH) regarding Michigan State University's centennial, a 1955 MSU centennial first day cover stamp, and a letter outlining the achievements of Philip Gunby.
- 1948 - 1955
- Gunby, Philip Elton (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Philip Gunby graduated from Michigan State College with honors in 1954 with a degree in Journalism. He was a member of Phi Kappa Phi (all college scholastic honorary fraternity); Sigma Delta Chi (journalism fraternity); and selected by Excalibur (service fraternity) in 1954 as an outstanding senior. He also served as editor-in-chief of the State News from 1953-1954.
0.25 Cubic Feet (, 5 folders)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Gunby, Philip Elton
- Letters (correspondence)
- Michigan State College
- Michigan State University. Class of 1954
- Michigan State University. Water Carnival
- Programs (Publications)
- Rose Bowl (Football game) (1954) (Pasadena, Calif.)
- The Holcad (East Lansing, Mich.)
- The State News, Inc. (Organization)
- Philip Elton Gunby Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- L. Gardiner
- November 2003
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.