Skip to main content

Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering records

 Record Group
Identifier: UA-16.39

Scope and Contents

Records include department by-laws approved in 2000 and 2006, experiment handouts for classes, and a graduate study informational poster. Also included are Transmission Lines newsletter from 1997 and 1998 and Networks newsletter from 2003 to 2010.

Annual reports for the department from 1917-1935 and 1958-1969 are also included in the collection.


  • Creation: 1917 - 2010


Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.

Historical Note

Electrical engineering became a formal part of Michigan Agricultural College (MAC)(now Michigan State University) in 1909 when the Division of Engineering was established. The new division had four units, including physics and electrical engineering. In 1916, the electrical engineering department was established separate from physics. For a period of time, it was named Electrical Engineering and Systems Science. In 1947, the Electrical Engineering building was built, (now know as the Computer Center) and housed Michigan State University’s first mainframe computer, MISTIC. In 1998, the department changed its name to Electrical and Computer Engineering. [Source: Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering web site]


0.25 Cubic Feet (6 folders)

Language of Materials


Legal Status

Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.

Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering Records
4 Published And Cataloged
March 2009
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Script of description
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository

Conrad Hall
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US