Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering records
Scope and Contents
Records include department by-laws approved in 2000 and 2006, experiment handouts for classes, and a graduate study informational poster. Also included are Transmission Lines newsletter from 1997 and 1998 and Networks newsletter from 2003 to 2010.
Annual reports for the department from 1917-1935 and 1958-1969 are also included in the collection.
- 1917 - 2010
- Michigan State University. Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (Organization)
- Michigan State University. Department of Electrical Engineering and Systems Science (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Electrical engineering became a formal part of Michigan Agricultural College (MAC)(now Michigan State University) in 1909 when the Division of Engineering was established. The new division had four units, including physics and electrical engineering. In 1916, the electrical engineering department was established separate from physics. For a period of time, it was named Electrical Engineering and Systems Science. In 1947, the Electrical Engineering building was built, (now know as the Computer Center) and housed Michigan State University’s first mainframe computer, MISTIC. In 1998, the department changed its name to Electrical and Computer Engineering. [Source: Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering web site]
0.25 Cubic Feet (6 folders)
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Michigan State University. Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (Donor, Organization)
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- March 2009
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.