Arthur Vrettas papers
Scope and Contents
The Arthur Vrettas papers include booklets, reports, and communications related to the University College and its administration at Michigan State University. The booklets include course listings and general rules of the college. There are also reports from the University Committee on General Education (1981), and the "Winder Report" (1978) which was Provost C. L. Winder's proposal to dissolve University College. In addition, there are taped interviews and transcripts of interviews by Arthur Vrettas with Michigan State University faculty and administration in 1990. Interviewees include Walter Adams, David D. Anderson, John E. Cantlon, Douglas Dunham, Ruth Jameyson, Henry J. Silverman, Paul A. Varg, Willard G. Warrington, and Clarence L. Winder.
- 1969 - 1992
- Jameyson, Ruth (Interviewee, Person)
- Silverman, Henry J. (Interviewee, Person)
- Varg, Paul A. (Interviewee, Person)
- Warrington, Willard G. (Interviewee, Person)
- Adams, Walter, 1922-1998 (Interviewee, Person)
- Cantlon, John E. (Interviewee, Person)
- Dunham, Douglas (1916-) (Interviewee, Person)
- Anderson, David D. (Interviewee, Person)
- Winder, Clarence L. (Interviewee, Person)
- Vrettas, Arthur T. (Interviewer, Person)
- Vrettas, Arthur T. (Donor, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Arthur Vrettas worked in the Michigan Department of Education in 1995 as a consultant, then worked in a number of other programs including the Supplemental Educational Services Program, Michigan Blue Ribbon Exemplary Schools Program, Schools of Choice Program, and Boarding Schools Licensing. In addition, he served as the Director of Grants and Special Projects for the Lincoln Consolidated Schools, Ypsilanti, Michigan from 1993-1994, prior to which he was the same school’s High School Principal from 1991-1993. In the years before, he served as Superintendent of the Noble County Schools in Sarahsville, Ohio from 1989-1991, and earlier, from 1984–1989, he served as Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Business Affairs at the Buckeye Local Schools in Ashtabula, Ohio. He also worked as a principal, counselor, and teacher in a number of other districts throughout Ohio and Michigan, including Thompson, Warren, Cleveland, and Detroit. He earned his Ph.D. from the University of Akron, his Master of Arts in Guidance and Counseling from John Carroll University, and his Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from Michigan State University. In addition, Vrettas was a member of Kiwanis International from 1991-1997, the City of Novi Planning Commission from 1995-1999, the Novi Community Schools Financial Committee from 1996-1997, and the Rotary International from 1992-1996.
0.25 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Education, Higher -- Michigan
- Hannah, John A., 1902-1991
- Michigan State University. Committee on General Education
- Michigan State University. University College
- State universities and colleges -- United States
- Universities and colleges -- Administration
- Universities and colleges -- Curricula
- Arthur Vrettas Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.