Class of 1895 records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of a manuscript titled "Resume of an Informal Talk" given by Major Henry R. Allen at the 50th Anniversary of the Class of 1895 on June 7, 1945. He discusses his experiences as a student at Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University). He also talks about the jobs and military experience that he had after graduation. The longest and most significant position he held was as managing director of an American company in Germany during the 1920s through 1939. He includes his observations about the German government's prospects for democracy, the state of their economy, the impact of the Nazis coming to power in Germany and his family's return to the United States.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Henry R. Allen was a 1895 graduate of Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University).
0.1 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Canals -- United States
- Class reunions -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Germany -- Description and travel
- Germany -- Politics and government -- 20th century
- Letters (correspondence)
- Michigan Agricultural College. Students
- National socialism
- New York (State). National Guard
- Spanish-American War, 1898
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae
- World War, 1914-1918
- Class of 1895 Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- H. Brookhart
- October 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.