Department of Pathology records
Scope and Contents
Current content is 31 folders of articles, brochures, correspondence, curriculum, newsletters, policies and other miscellaneous papers and the annual reports for 1916 – 1938 and 1959 – 1972.
- 1944 - 1995
- Majority of material found within 1968 - 1995
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Pathology education for humans and animals began as part of the Bacteriology Department but during a period of disputes between Dean Lyman and Dr Giltner, President Snyder decided to split off the two components and created an Animal Pathology Department in 1916. In 1956, the name changed to the Veterinary Pathology Department and in 1956, the Department of Pathology.
In 1964, the education of pathology came under one Department of Pathology, the only pathology department in the nation to serve three medical schools: the College of Veterinary Medicine, the College of Human Medicine, and the College of Osteopathic Medicine. In the circa 2003 time period, the department may have split back into human and animal components.
0.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University
Property Rights: Michigan State University
- Michigan State University -- General subdivision--Department of Pathology.;
- Michigan State University. College of Human Medicine
- Michigan State University. College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Michigan State University. College of Veterinary Medicine
- Department of Pathology Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- E. Busch
- January 2009
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.