Athletic Council records
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of annual reports, constitution and bylaws, correspondence and administrative documents, and meeting minutes.
- 1920 - 2010
- Michigan State University. Athletic Council (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
On February 2, 1923, the State Board of Agriculture (now the Board of Trustees) established the Athletic Council to “control all questions pertaining to athletics at Michigan Agricultural College.” Today, the Athletic Council is involved with academic and fiscal integrity, governance and compliance issues, and student-athlete welfare matters related to conduct of a Big Ten and NCAA Division I-A intercollegiate athletics program.
The council is an advisory body of 18 members consisting of faculty, staff, students, and alumni representatives. The council advises the athletic director and university administration on matters of policy, procedures, and organization related to Intercollegiate Athletics.
1.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Annual reports
- College athletes
- College sports
- College sports -- Management
- College sports -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Michigan State University. Athletic Council
- Minutes (administrative records)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association
- Newspaper clippings
- Michigan State University. Athletic Council (Donor, Organization)
- Athletic Council Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- E. Busch
- October 2009
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US