Arnold M. Hopperstead collection
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of postcards of the class rush of 1914, and a CD of scanned images of the postcards. The photographs contain images of the interior of Trimoria fraternity house, friends of Hopperstead, and a group shot of the engineering class of 1920. Also included is an oversized image of the class of 1918. The papers include a Trimoria initiation banquet menu for June 12, 1920 and a list of the members of the Pinetum Literary Club for the Fall term of 1917.
- 1914 - 1920
- Hopperstead, Arnold M. (1894-1984) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Arnold Melvin Hopperstead was born in 1894 and was from Muskegon, Michigan. He entered Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) in 1914. He then served two years in France during World War I. He returned to MSU after the war and graduated in 1920 with a civil engineering degree. He was a member of Trimoria fraternity, a precursor of the Sigma Chi fraternity, and Tau Beta Pi, an engineering honor society.
He had two children, Arthur and Carilon. Hopperstead died in 1984.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 4 folders)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Engineering -- Study and teaching
- Hopperstead, Arnold M. (1894-1984)
- Michigan Agricultural College. Class rivalry
- Michigan Agricultural College. Trimoira Literary Society
- Michigan State University
- Michigan State University. Class of 1920
- Pinetum Literary Club (East Lansing, Mich.)
- Arnold M. Hopperstead Collection
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- December 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.