Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs and Services and Director of Student Life records
Scope and Contents
The Department of Student Life records consist of Fall Welcome Week programs, student organization handbook for 1992, student organization resource fair programs, and Success at State Newsletters. There is also a Guide to Greek Life, ca. 1998, Greek Coalition Report from 1999, and a list of Greek life staff assignments for 1999. Also included are lists of registered student organizations for 2008-2010 that were printed from the Departments website. The collection also includes contracts for events held by the department of Student Affairs and other groups on campus.
The Electronic Resources include correspondence in the form of e-mail memos and attachments, and photos from a 2005 Greek Life women's recruitment fair.
- 1932 - 2019
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
In 1944 the Dean of Students Office was created to manage services related to students. Prior to 1944 there were separate deans for men and women but were not combined under one office. In 1964 the name changed to Vice President for Student Affairs. In 1977 the Office for Student Affairs was created under the VP for Student Affairs. In 1980 it was changed to Assistant to the Vice Present for Student Life. In 1985 they began calling themselves Department of Student Life as a shortened version of Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs and Services Director of Student Life.
3 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University
Property Rights: Michigan State University
- Greek letter societies
- Greek letter societies -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Michigan State University. Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs and Services and Director of Student Life
- Michigan State University. Department of Student Life
- Michigan State University. Panhellenic Council
- Student activities
- Students -- Societies, etc.
- Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs and Services and Director of Student Life Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- December 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.