Lana Dart papers
Scope and Contents
The Lana Dart collection contains materials relating to student services and student activities at Michigan State University. There are materials about orientation and welcome week, as well as drafts of student handbooks. There are also reports from the assistant director of student activities and reports of the assistant director of the Women’s Division of Student Affairs. There is also the Report to the Committee to Reevaluate the Role and Function of Student Government from the Associated Students of MSU and materials about the student groups, Mortar Board and Alpha Lamda Delta. Also included in the collection are dedications and programs to statues and new buildings and newspaper clippings. The collection also contains an Education 415 syllabus and class work from Food and Nutrition 100 and 201. Also of note are two cartoon booklets illustrated by Phil Frank which show humorous situations at MSU. There are also materials related to Lana Dart’s father, John Dart. This includes traffic rules and regulations, student lecture course programs, and Senior Sing Class of 1930 song lyrics.
- 1930 - 2006
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Lana Dart was born on June 29, 1937. She received her B.S. in Home Economics from Michigan State University in 1959. Later that year she became a county extension agent in home economics and 4-H for Calhoun County, Michigan. She left that job in 1961. In 1962 she became the Assistant Director in the office of the Dean of Students at Michigan State University. She continued to hold similar positions as the office changed its name throughout the years. She retired in 1992.
John H. Dart, Lana Dart’s father, graduated from Michigan State College (now Michigan State University) in June 1936. He went on to teach at a high school in Muskegon, Michigan. He later graduated from Howard Law School.
1.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University except where noted on materials.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Alpha Lambda Delta
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- College campuses -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College student orientation
- College students
- College students -- Services for
- Course materials
- Frank, Phil
- Letters (correspondence)
- Michigan State College
- Michigan State University
- Michigan State University. Associated Students of Michigan State University
- Michigan State University. Buildings
- Michigan State University. Class of 1930
- Minutes (Records)
- Mortar Board (Society). Sphinx Chapter
- Nutrition -- Study and teaching
- Programs (Publications)
- Student activities
- Traffic regulations -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Universities and colleges -- Michigan -- East Lansing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Women -- Education (Higher) -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Lana Dart Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- S. Roberts
- September 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US