Louis S. Russell collection
Scope and Contents
The Louis Russell collection contains a photograph album and a student beanie hat. The photograph album contains signatures of Russell's friends, images of Russell and his friends, interior and exterior images of the Union Literary Society house, images of the college circus and parade which was put on by students, and images of class rush/class rivalry activities. Also included is a student activity ticket book from spring 1947 belonging to Dale E. Hathaway. According to the donor, Hathaway was Russell's roommate.
- 1909-1912, 1947
- Russell, Louis S. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Louis Stillman Russell attended Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) in 1909 and 1911 He may have attended other years as a special student. He was a member of the Union Literary Society.
0.6 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Greek letter societies -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Michigan Agricultural College. Circus
- Michigan Agricultural College. Class rivalry
- Michigan Agricultural College. Union Literary Society
- Michigan State University. Class of 1910
- Photograph albums
- Russell, Louis S.
- Student activities -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Louis S. Russell Collection
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- S. Roberts
- September 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.