International Club records
Scope and Content
The records of the International Club include International Festival records (ambassadors' messages, programs, photographs, brochures, news clippings and correspondence) (1945-1958); programs from social events sponsored by the Club (1944-1969); correspondence, including some with guest speakers (1945-1969); photographs of international students and members of the International Club (1922-1969); records of international exhibits on campus (1956); the Club's Constitution (1962-1965); membership lists (1966-1967); and miscellaneous brochures, newsletters, and programs. Only one scrapbook (#184) contains any information earlier than 1944. The photographs in scrapbook #184 came unglued from the pages and were placed in envelopes. It was impossible to determine their original order.
- 1922 - 1969
- Michigan State University. International Club (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The International Club was established in 1910 as the Cosmopolitan Club, and almost faded from the campus scene from 1928 to 1944. In the fall of 1944, it was reorganized as the International Club. The first International Festival sponsored by the club was held in 1945.
1 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College students -- Societies and clubs
- Letters (correspondence)
- Membership lists
- Michigan State University. Foreign students
- Michigan State University. International Festival
- Michigan State University. Students. Societies, etc
- Students, Foreign -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- International Club Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.