Mary-Kirk MacKinnon Woodford collection
The Mary-Kirk MacKinnon Woodford collection contains a scrapbook, photographs, alumni reunion materials.
The scrapbook contains dance cards, event programs, concert programs, ephemera, football programs for 1922 and 1923, and Alpha Phi sorortiy materials. The scrapbook also includes photographs of students, campus and the exterior of the Alpha Phi house. Of note is a paper megaphone with the words “Go Get’em Aggies” compliments of the Men’s Style Shop of Lansing, yearbook receipts, Cap night schedule for 1924, certificate and release for classes for a half day of work on the Union Building excavation, bylaws of the Union Memorial building (1925), ballot for election of students for attributes in athletics, service, popularity, beauty; a program for MAC Union annual revue “Campus Nights’ at the Gladmer Theater 1923; and a 69th anniversary of MSC event program from 1926.
Also included is a photograph from the ten year class reunion of the class of 1926 held in 1936. There are also materials, including photographs, from the Michigan State University fifty year class reunion held in 1976.
- 1922-1936, 1975-1980
- Woodford, Mary-Kirk MacKinnon (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Biographical / Historical
Mary-Kirk MacKinnon Woodford was born in Bay City, Michigan in 1904. She attended Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) from 1922-1926 and graduated with a degree in home economics. She married Frank Woodford on November 14, 1929 and had two children. She was active in community organizatons throughout her life. She died on August 31, 1996
0.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Alpha Phi Sorority. Beta Beta Chapter (Michigan State University)
- Class reunions -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Clippings (information artifacts)
- Dance cards
- Gladmer Theater (Lansing, Mich.)
- Michigan Agricultural College. Cap Night
- Michigan Agricultural College. Students
- Michigan State College. Football
- Michigan State University. Alumni and alumnae
- Michigan State University. Buildings. Union Building
- Michigan State University. College of Human Ecology
- Programs (Publications)
- Student activities -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Mary-Kirk MacKinnon Woodford Collection
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description