Department of Biochemistry records
Scope and Contents
The Biochemistry Department collection includes issues of department newsletters, informational pamphlets for prospective students, a 1962 proposal to the National Science Foundation for funds to build “new facilities for graduate training and research in biochemistry,” an a program for an undergraduate degree in the field of biochemistry.
The collection also includes unpublished annual reports for 1960 - 1972.
- 1962 - 2002
- Michigan State University. Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (Donor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
When it was founded in 1961, the Biochemistry Department was jointly responsible to the Natural Science College and the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. After a brief period administered by the Human Medicine College (1964-1971) the Department has reported to the College of Osteopathic Medicine since 1971.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 5 folders)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University
Property Rights: Michigan State University
- Biochemistry -- Study and teaching
- College buildings
- Michigan State University. College of Human Medicine -- Chronological subdivision--1962; 1966;
- Michigan State University. College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Michigan State University. Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology -- General subdivision--Curricula; Chronological subdivision--1966;
- Molecular biology
- Department of Biochemistry Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.