Leon George Johnson papers
Scope and Contents
The Leon Johnson papers consist of a scrapbook, letters, speeches, and memorabilia. The scrapbook contains athletics, dance, theatre, and semi-centennial programs, receipts and tickets, letters, college songs, greeting cards and ribbons, news clippings, posters (including class rivalry posters by the classes of 1910, 1911, and 1912), postcards, and photographs of Michigan Agricultural College life, Forestry Camp, and friends. Memorabilia in the collection includes M.A.C. programs and calendars.
- 1905 - 1911
- Johnson, Leon George (Johnnie) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Leon George (Johnnie) Johnson, of Cadillac, Michigan, attended Michigan Agricultural College for the academic years 1906-1911. He studied engineering and forestry. It is not clear whether he earned his B.S. degree. Johnson was a member of the Hesperian Society (Psi Upsilon Fraternity) and lived in the Hesperian House from 1907 to 1911. While at M.A.C., Johnson was a member of the Band and the Forestry Club. He participated in class football, was a manager of the 1909 Varsity Football team and the 1911 Varsity Baseball team, and was Assistant Business Manger of the Holcad newspaper.
0.25 Cubic Feet (, 1 volume; 10 folders)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University
Property Rights: Michigan State University
- College students
- College students -- United States -- Conduct of life
- Michigan Agricultural College. Hesperian Literary Society -- Chronological subdivision--1906-1911;
- Michigan State University. Anniversaries, etc.
- Michigan State University. Band
- Michigan State University. Class of 1911
- Michigan State University. Department of Forestry -- General subdivision--Curricula; Chronological subdivision--1907-1911;
- Michigan State University. Sports. Baseball
- Psi Upsilon Fraternity. Epsilon Nu Chapter (Michigan State University)
- San Francisco Earthquake and Fire, Calif., 1906
- Leon George Johnson Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- D. Sadler
- July 1980
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.