Lifelong Education Programs records
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of records of the Continuing Education Service which was the predecessor for Life Long Education Programs. The records contain miscellaneous pamphlets and newsletters, various materials related to the "Cap and Gown" series of programs (1955, undated), papers about continuing education and extension, and a few payroll/finance/budget records. Also includes the “Atlas of Continuing Education Centers” (1963).
- 1948 - 1993
- Michigan State University. Lifelong Education Programs (Organization)
- Michigan State University. Social Research Service (Organization)
- Michigan State University. University Outreach (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The Lifelong Education Programs was preceded by the Adult Education Extension Service (1944-1948) and the Continuing Education Service (1948-1979). From 1975 to 1979, the Continuing Education Service constituted the only sub-unit of Life Long Education Programs. After 1979, units previously reporting to the Continuing Education Service reported directly to Life Long Education Programs. Life Long Education Programs reports directly to the Provost, and is responsible for a wide variety of programs, including Evening College, Conferences and Institutes, and International Extension.
1.1 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Combs, William H. (Donor, Person)
- Lifelong Education Programs Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US