Carolyn E. DiBiaggio papers
Scope and Contents
The Carolyn E. DiBiaggio papers consist of reports about her activities to the Michigan State University Board of Trustees as well as photocopies of speeches and news clippings. The news clippings are arranged by subject with the majority of the materials about the Cowles House Society and its efforts to renovate the Cowles House, the President’s residence. The original documents can be found in Cowles House.
- 1985 - 1987
- DiBiaggio, Carolyn E. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Carolyn Enright DiBiaggio was the wife of John DiBiaggio, Michigan State University’s 17th president, until their divorce in October 1987. John DiBiaggio became president of the university in 1985 after six years at the University of Connecticut. Carolyn was involved in the Cowles House Society whose goal was to preserve historic buildings on campus. One of its first major projects was raising around $275,000 for the renovation of Cowles House. The renovation took place between 1985 and 1987 and returned the 130-year-old house back to its 19th century décor. Cowles House was named by Frederick Cowles Jenison whose estate funded renovations in 1949. He named the house for his mother Alice B. Cowles whose father, Albert E. Cowles, was a student in 1857.
0.25 Cubic Feet (5 folders)
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Carolyn E. DiBiaggio Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- H. Hymes
- November 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US