College of Education records
Scope and Contents
The College of Education records include primarily a variety of reports and papers pertaining to international, agricultural, and vocational education at Michigan State University, and a number of papers pertaining to the Elementary Intern Program of the 1960s. Other papers relate to the State Department of Education, administrative aspects of the college, graduate work in education, science education, and college-sponsored workshops and projects. The materials also includes records relating to Dean Emmons.
The records related to the Master of Arts in Education Program include the meeting minutes of the Academic Program and Policy Committee from 2011-2015.
The Electronic Resources series include minutes and agendas from the College of Education Alumni Association meetings from 2011-2012, three reports submitted by the Tanzania Partnership Program, and issues of the College's e-Newsletter from 2012-2014.
- 1937 - 2015
- Michigan State University. College of Education. Alumni Association (Organization)
- Michigan State University. College of Education (Donor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research. The scrapbook of college and department news clippings is extremely fragile and access is restricted.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The College of Education began operations in 1924 as the Education Department, which later became the Education Division. From 1952 to 1955, it was known as the Education School. Predecessor units include Agricultural Education (1909-1920), Vocational Teacher Training (1917-?),and Teacher Training (1921-1923). It originally was a part of the Liberal Arts Division (1924-Circa 1944.). After several changes of responsibility, it became responsible to the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs in 1956. The college administers a variety of units, including Counseling, Educational Psychology and Special Education, Health and Physical Education, and the University Center for International Rehabilitation.
5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Records were transferred by the College of Education, MSU Libraries and also donated by Charles Schmitter.
Copyright: Michigan State University
Property Rights: Michigan State University
- Agricultural education -- Michigan
- Education -- Research
- Education -- Study and teaching
- Education -- Study and teaching (Graduate)
- International education
- Michigan State University. Curricula
- Michigan State University. Elementary Teacher Preparation Program
- Michigan. Department of Education
- Minutes (Records)
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae
- Universities and colleges -- Graduate work
- Vocational education -- Michigan
- College of Education Records
- 2 Draft Or Revision In Progess
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description