Skip to main content

Placement Services records

 Record Group
Identifier: UA-4.5

Scope and Contents

The collection contains reports, brochures, newsletters, and information for students about careers. Also included are special reports that indicate employment rates and statistics on employment trends for various student demographics.

Dates

  • 1942 - 1984

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.

Historical Note

Placement Services was created in 1950 and administered by the Office of the Dean of Students. From 1963 to 1972 it was called Placement Bureau. The name changed to Placement Services in 1983. The office administered by the Dean of Students until 1963. From 1963 to 1975 it was administered by the Executive Vice President and Secretary of Board of Trustees. From 1976 to January 1980 it was managed by the Executive Vice President and Vice President for Administration and State Relations. From February 1980 to 1984 it was administered by the Vice President for Administration and Public Affairs. In 1985 Student Affairs and Services took over the management of the Placement Services Office.

Extent

1 Cubic Feet

Language of Materials

English

Related Archival Materials

See Career Services and Placement records (UA 7.6) for 1985 and later.

Legal Status

Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.

Title
Placement Services Records
Status
4 Published And Cataloged
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository

Contact:
Conrad Hall
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US
517-355-2330