School of Social Work records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains brochures about the department, brochures about conferences and programs, newsletters, report of student research projects for 1952 through 1959, a bibliography for graduate curriculum, an essay by Walter Friedlander, and materials about the Surviving the Coming Zombie Apocalypse course.
- 1951 - 2014
- Michigan State University. School of Social Work (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Classes in social service were first offered in 1921 in the Home Economics department at Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University). In 1930 courses were offered in the Department of Sociology. The Department of Social Work was created in 1944, and by 1951 a two year masters program was offered. The department was expanded into the School of Social Work in 1955. In 1969 the School began offering a Ph.D. program. Currently the school is administered by the College of Social Science.
0.25 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Preservica Internal URL
Preservica Public URL
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- School of Social Work Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- S. Roberts
- December 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US