Department of Kinesiology records
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of course syllabi and curriculum materials; program brochures; an index and abstracts of theses; brochures for conferences and workshops; minutes from department committees; a student handbook and staff manuals. Also included are the newsletters the Spartan Messanger, Spotlight on Youth Sports , and Performance in Motion. The Electronic Resources include digital editions of the Performance in Motion newsletter, from 2003 to 2013.
- 1938 - 2013
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The department of Physical Culture and Athletics was created in 1899 with classes for both men and women. In 1916 the name changed to the Department of Physical Training and in 1921 to the Department of Physical Education and administered by the Division of Applied Science. In 1944 it was called the Department of Physical Education, Health, and Recreation and was in the School of Business and Public Service. In 1955 that Department was called Health, Physical Education, and Recreation and was administered by the School of Education. In 1998 the name changed to the Department of Kinesiology.
1 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Preservica Public URL
Copyright: Michigan State University
Property Rights: Michigan State University
- Department of Kinesiology Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- S. Roberts
- July 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US