Department of Medicine records
Scope and Contents
This record group consists of 10 folders arranged chronologically. Folders 1 -8 contain material from 1956-1960 that relate to the establishment of the medical college at Michigan State University. Of particular interest is the "Proposal for Establishment of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences at Michigan State University" in folder 6.
Other folders include a program for Advanced Cardiac Life Support training, brochures for a study abroad program and a workshop, and newsletters (2006-2008).
Annual Reports are available separately (1967-1969, 2005-2007).
- 1957 - 2010
- Michigan State University. Department of Medicine (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The Department of Medicine was formed as part of the creation of the College of Human Medicine in 1964. The Department of Medicine has a nationally accredited Internal Medicine Residency program. This program provides a curriculum that teaches house staff both basic and advanced skills in Internal Medicine. Fellowships are offered in Cardiology, Hematology-Oncology, Infectious Disease, and Endocrinology.
0.4 Cubic Feet (19 folders)
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Michigan State University. Department of Medicine (Donor, Organization)
- Department of Medicine Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- E. Busch
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US