Skip to main content

Department of Physiology records

 Record Group
Identifier: UA-16.96

Scope and Contents

Records consist of a five year plan for the Department of Physiology and Pharmacology outlining the current and future program and research for 1960. Also included is "A Brief Historical Account of Research in the Comparative Physiology Laboratory during 1954-1987" by Paul O. Fromm. The photographs in the collection consist of images of graduate students, faculty, and staff from the Comparative Physiology Laboratory.

The collection also includes published annual reports from 1924-1935 and unpublished from 1953-1971.

Dates

  • 1960-2021

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.

Historical Note

Physiology was first taught in 1908 in the Department of Zoology and Physiology. The Physiology and Pharmacology Department was established in 1923 and focused on agricultural, veterinary, and general science. Before the department was established, pharmacology was taught in the Veterinary Department. The College of Human Medicine was established in 1964 which also created more positions in the Physiology Department as courses were offered for human and animal subjects. Pharmacology became its own department in 1965. Physiology also became involved in the College of Osteopathic Medicine when it moved to campus in 1970. The Department of Physiology is currently administered by the Colleges of Natural Science, Human Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, and the Michigan Agricultural Experiment Station.

Source: Department of Physiology website

Extent

0.1 Cubic Feet (6 folders)

Language of Materials

English

Preservica Internal URL

https://us.preservica.com/explorer/explorer.html#prop:4&91b3760d-7aa1-4465-a161-d10f2b57aba3

Preservica Public URL

https://msu.access.preservica.com/archive/sdb%3Acollection|91b3760d-7aa1-4465-a161-d10f2b57aba3/

Legal Status

Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.

Source

Title
Department of Physiology Records
Status
4 Published And Cataloged
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English.
  • TypeCollection

Repository Details

Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository

Contact:
Conrad Hall
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US
517-355-2330