Robert F. Repas papers
Scope and Contents
These papers consist of correspondence and other materials relating to the Christian Labor Association (CLA), which was once associated with the Christian Reformed Church. The material was gathered by Bob Repas while working on his thesis toward a Master of Arts in political science at Michigan State University in 1961-1962. Repas worked at the Labor and Industrial Relations Center at MSU during that time.
In addition to correspondence concerning the CLA and materials for Repas' thesis, there are copies of contracts, by-laws and constitutions, and publications of the CLA. Also, there are promotional materials used by the CLA in attempting to win union elections at Keeler Brass Company (1961), Mead Containers Inc. (1959), and Pine Rest Hospital (1961), Grand Rapids, Michigan. There are National Labor Relations Board decisions concerning disputes between the CLA and two construction companies, and newspaper clippings relating to activities of the CLA.
Other items include printed materials relating to the Christian Labor Association of Canada, the Ontario Labour Relations Board the Christian Reformed Church, unions, and miscellaneous printed materials on unions and labor laws.
- 1950 - 1964
- Repas, Bob, 1921- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Robert F. Repas earned his Master of Arts in political science at Michigan State University in 1963. Repas worked at of the Labor and Industrial Relations Center at MSU while working on his thesis.
0.75 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Transferred from the Michigan State University Labor and Industrial Relations Library.
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
Changed record group from 00049 to UA 10.3.414 to reflect Repas's connection to Michigan State University.
- Alofs Manufacturing Company (Grand Rapids, Mich.)
- Annual reports
- Christian Labor Association of the United States
- Christian Labour Association of Canada
- Christian Reformed Church
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Hekman Biscuit Company (Grand Rapids, Mich.)
- International Union, United Automobile Workers of America (CIO)
- Keeler Brass Company (Grand Rapids, Mich.)
- Labor laws and legislation
- Labor unions -- Canada
- Labor unions -- United States
- Legal instruments
- Letters (correspondence)
- Mead Containers (Grand Rapids, Mich.)
- Ontario Labour Relations Board
- Pine Rest Christian Hospital
- United States. Department of Labor
- United States. National Labor Relations Board
- Michigan State University. Labor and Industrial Relations Library (Donor, Organization)
- Robert F. Repas Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.