Rajee Tobia collection
Scope and Contents
Folder 1 contains miscellaneous papers from Jackson, Michigan that were collected by Rajee Tobia. They include various receipts and bills, pages from account books belonging to a grocery store and a carriage shop, a marriage announcement, and, a poem. Folders 2-5 contain papers relating to the 41st biennial convention of the P.E.O. Sisterhood, a philanthropic and educational organization, held at Vancouver, B.C. in 1953. These papers belonged to Elizabeth H. Loree, a delegate to the convention from Lansing, Michigan.
Folders 6-8 contain six miscellaneous volumes of Michigan materials. They include:
1) A set of class notes from the State Normal College at Ypsilanti (1869)
2) A Methodist Episcopal preacher's log (1891-1895)
3) A grocery store sales ledger from Wacousta (1911-1930)
4) A telephone subscriber's ledger from Wacousta (1912)
5) A ledger-scrapbook dealing with the school life of Beryl Brockway and activities of the Michigan Education Company (1912-1926)
Folders 9-10 contain two miscellaneous volumes. The first holds the copybook of Miss Lily May Williams of Cordova Mines, Ontario that seems to be from grade school, c.1903. The other volume is a business education textbook, 1910. Folder 11 contains a parts price list and instruction booklet for a Stewart Vacuum Gasoline System. It was designed to be mounted on Dodge Brothers Motor Cars.
Folder 12 contains the speech "R. E. Olds: Benefactor to the Holy Lands" by Rajee Tobia and presented to the Historical Society of Greater Lansing on May 19, 1965.
Volume 1 on the shelf is an expenses and sales report ledger, 1911-1930 - skipping years, and including non-sales information.
- 1865 - 1965
- Majority of material found within 1865 - 1953
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Rajee Tobia was born on August 18, 1901. Rajee died on July 1977 at 75 years old in Lansing, Michigan.
0.25 Cubic Feet (, 3 volumes on shelf)
Language of Materials
Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Rajee R. Tobia.
Copyright: Michigan State University except where noted. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Rajee Tobia Collection
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- R. Hoyer
- April 1970
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.