Academic Council records
Scope and Contents
The records of the Academic Council consist of recordings of meetings of the academic council from 1968 to 1971 on reel to reel tape and from 1971 to 2000 on cassette tape. Also included are microfilm copies of minutes and supporting documents of the Academic Council meetings from 1955 to 1981. There are also microfilm copies of only the minutes with no supporting documents from October 1967 to June 1978.
Also included is one memo about the creation of the Committee on the Improvement, Evaluation and Rewards on Teaching (CIERT) in 1992, minutes, and an annual report (1970).
- 1955 - 2000
- Michigan State University. Academic Council (Organization)
- International Projects Committee. (Academic Council) (Organization)
- Michigan State University. Secretary for Academic Governance (Donor, Organization)
- Michigan State University. Committee on the Improvement, Evaluation, and Rewards of Teaching (CIERT) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
“Academic Council is composed of all members of Faculty Council plus representatives of student governance and representatives of the administration. Academic Council acts on matters brought before it by Executive Committee of Academic Council, the President or Provost. The Council also participates in all major issues related to educational policy.” (MSU Academic Governance website- Organizational Chart). The Secretary for Academic Governance is now the official record keeper for all Academic Governance offices.
4 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Copies
Duplicate cassettes are located in Wells Hall, Room A-18.
Copyright: Michigan State University
Property Rights: Michigan State University
- Academic Council Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.