Daniel Tirado and Linda Medina Tirado papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains reports, newsletters, reprints, newsclippings and photography collected by Daniel and Linda Tirado. A significant part of the collection dates from the mid-1960s through the mid-1970s and relates to Daniel Tirado's work with agricultural labor and migrant workers. Books, reports and newspapers have been separated from this archive and integrated into the book and periodical collection as needed.
- Majority of material found within 1963-1979
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the authors of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law. For photocopy and duplication requests, please contact the Stephen O. Murray and Keelung Hong Special Collections, Michigan State University Libraries.
Biographical / Historical
Daniel Tirado worked with AMOS, Inc., a migrant legal services agency in Indiana. Linda Medina Tirado was a migrant worker in her youth and later a student activist at Michigan State University. She was employed in law enforcement in Texas.
3.3 Linear Feet (6 Boxes) ; Box one: 27 x 14 x 32 cm. Boxes 2-6: 26 x 31 x 13 cm.
Language of Materials
The Tirado papers are arranged into two series:
Series 1: Materials collected by the Tirados include reports, newsletters, reprint articles, flyers and newsclippings. Series 2: Photograph collection of 476 8” x 10” black and white prints of migrant camps in Indiana.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Daniel Tirado and Linda Medina Tirado in 2010.
Added Entry–Uniform Title
José F. Treviño Chicano/Latino Activism Collection.
The Daniel Tirado and Linda Medina Tirado papers were processed by Diana Rivera September 2010-April 2011, and updated by Linsey Allen in 2016.
- Hispanic Americans -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
- Labor camps -- Indiana -- History -- 20th century -- Photographs.
- Migrant agricultural laborers -- Indiana -- History -- 20th century -- Photographs.
- Migrant agricultural laborers -- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
- Migrant agricultural laborers -- United States -- Services for -- Sources.
- Migrant labor -- Indiana -- History -- 20th century -- Photographs.
- Migrant labor -- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
- Migrant labor -- United States -- Services for -- Sources.
- Finding Aid for the Daniel Tirado and Linda Medina Tirado papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Finding aid by Diana Rivera, updated in 2016 by Linsey Allen
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script