Growing in Place Community Farm records
Scope and Contents
The materials throughout the series are comprised of articles, newspapers, pamphlets, photographs, flyers, news releases, letters, financial statements, and various booklets of the Growing in Place Community Farms in Mason, Michigan.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open and available for research in the MSU Libraries Special Collections' reading room. The material is stored offsite in Remote Storage. Please contact Special Collections 3 working days in advance if you wish to use it.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the authors of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law. For photocopy and duplication requests, please contact the Stephen O. Murray and Keelung Hong Special Collections, Michigan State University Libraries.
Biographical / Historical
Growing in Place Community Farm began in the fall of 1995 with a grant from the Kellogg-funded Michigan Food and Farming Systems Initiative. This was a Lansing-Area Community Supported Agriculture that was dedicated to growing organic vegetables, herbs and flowers for its share members, improving the soil and building a sense of community through a personal commitment to local food and farming. The goal of this association was to provide a bio diverse variety of local, fresh, field-ripened foods, grown in a socially and ecologically responsible manner.
6 Linear Feet (6 boxes.) ; 27 X 14 x 32 cm.
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged into nine series: 1. Administration, 2. Community Supported Agriculture (CSA), 3. Correspondence, 4. The Dirt (Newsletter), 5. The Farm, 6. Finance, 7. Membership Information, 8. Photographs, and 9. Display Boards.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession information unknown.
Processed by Katie Angeli in January 2014.
- Agriculture -- Michigan -- Mason (Ingham County) -- Citizen participation -- Sources.
- Agriculture -- Social aspects -- Michigan -- Mason (Ingham County) -- Sources.
- Agriculture, Cooperative -- Michigan -- Mason (Ingham County) -- Sources.
- Community gardens -- Michigan -- Mason (Ingham County) -- Sources.
- Organic farming -- Michigan -- Mason (Ingham County) -- Sources.
- Finding Aid for the Growing in Place Community Farm Records,1990-2002
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Finding aid prepared by Katie Angeli.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script