Anne E. Tracy collection
Scope and Contents
The Anne E. Tracy collection contains correspondence, notes, inventories, and miscellaneous material related to the creation of the Special Collections LGBTQ+ collection at MSU Libraries, as well as some biographical material on Anne E. Tracy. The collection traces some of the research done by Tracy to build the LGBT collection, and gives examples of how the collection began to be used in course instruction.
- 1977 - 2012
- Tracy, Anne Elizabeth, 1939- (Compiler, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the authors of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law. For photocopy and duplication requests, please contact the Stephen O. Murray and Keelung Hong Special Collections, Michigan State University Libraries.
Biographical / Historical
Anne Elizabeth Tracy (1939-2003) worked at MSU Libraries for 32 years as a Library Assistant and Bibliographer. She helped build several collections for MSU Libraries Special Collections, such as the Radicalism, Popular Culture collections, and what will later become the LGBTQ+ collection.
In 1997 and 2002, Anne Tracy recieved the Prism Award from the Lansing Association for Human Rights for her leadership in the LGBTQ+ community. Tracy also worked part-time as a music director for the North perbyterian Church in Lansing.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was transferred from the American Radicalism Vertical Files (ARVF) in 2019.
Eli Landaverde processed this collection in 2019.
- Archival inventories
- Business correspondence
- Lesbian activists -- Michigan -- Archives
- Lesbian librarians -- Michigan -- Archives
- Libraries and sexual minorities -- Michigan -- East Lansing -- Sources
- Michigan State University. Libraries. Special Collections Division -- History
- Michigan State University. Libraries. Special Collections Division -- Archives
- Sexual minorities -- Archival resources -- Sources
- Sexual minorities -- Library resources -- Sources
- Tracy, Anne Elizabeth, 1939- -- Archives
- Finding Aid for the Anne E. Tracy collection
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Eli Landaverde
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Stephen O. Murray and Keelung Hong Special Collections Repository
366 W. Circle Drive
East Lansing MI 48823 USA