Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 16
The Ballet Alicia Alonso collection consists of press clippings, programs, and photographs documenting the early years of Cuba's Ballet Alicia Alonso, which later became the Ballet Nacional de Cuba. The majority of the programs are from 1948, the year the company was established. Photograph subjects include rehearsals and classes; some of the photos have handwritten captions.
The Chicana/o Latina/o Bumper Sticker Collection highlights various Chicano Movement era - and later Latino - activist groups, boycotts, protests, elections and other political and labor actions. The actions helped to sustain a political and social justice presence in the American consciousness.
The Dorothy Chaplik Papers contain extensive Latin American, Caribbean, and Latino artist files and country files which include rare exhibition catalogs, personal correspondence, research notes, articles and clippings. Also includes Chaplik's manuscripts for articles and book publications, photographs for publication, an extensive slide library as well as related original artwork and her library on Latin American art.
The collection numbers one folder and covers activity during the 1975 time period. The collection consists of printed materials, primarily events leading up to a conference sponsored by the Mujeres Unidas de Michigan, a Latina activist organization for which Feliciano was a co-founder and charter member. Among the materials are poems, articles of incorporation, 3 photographs, and conference information.
Part of a collection of 1990s documents gathered by Food Security Project staff in the MSU Dept. of Agricultural Economics. Countries covered include Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cote d'Ivoire, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mali, Rwanda, Senegal, Somalia, South Africa, Swaziland, and Zimbabwe.
J. Chetwynd to Richard Hill, Turin, 21 Oct. 1704 (in English) -- Richard Hill to the Marquis de St Thomas, 30 Oct. 1705 (in French).
The items contained in this collection chronicle a period of Arceo's artistic career, his work as a curator for Chicago's National Museum of Mexican Art, as well as his involvement with individuals and institutions on promoting Latino American art and Mexican art in the greater Chicago area and beyond.
Scenes from soccer matches and posed team pictures. Photograph depicts play from an Africa Cup match between Ethiopia and Burundi, date unknown.
- Language: Multiple languages X
- Illumination of books and manuscripts -- Specimens. 2
- Photographs 2
- Records (Documents) 2
- Bumper stickers. 1
- Burgenland (Austria) -- Emigration and immigration 1
- Calendars 1
- Conference materials 1
- Correspondence 1
- Croats -- Austria -- Burgenland -- History 1
- Field notes 1
- Greeting cards 1
- Hispanic American women -- Michigan -- Congresses -- Sources 1
- Hispanic American women -- Michigan -- Societies and clubs -- Sources 1
- Hispanic Americans -- Michigan -- Sources. 1
- Hispanic Americans -- Social conditions -- United States -- Sources. 1
- International travel -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. -- Sources. 1
- International travel -- Sources. 1
- Labor unions and radio -- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Sources. 1
- Leaf books -- Specimens. 1
- Matchbooks 1
- Mexican Americans -- Social conditions -- United States -- Sources. 1
- Migrant agricultural laborers -- Social conditions -- United States -- Sources. 1
- Missions -- South Africa -- History -- Pictorial works. 1
- Music 1
- Notated music 1
- Postcards 1
- Posters 1
- Printing -- History -- Specimens. 1
- Romanies 1
- Romanies -- Public opinion -- History -- Sources 1
- Romanies -- Research -- History -- Sources 1
- Romanies -- Social life and customs -- History -- Sources 1
- Romanies in popular culture -- History -- Sources 1
- Rotunda type. -- Schwabacher type. 1
- Soccer -- Africa -- History -- Pictorial works. 1
- Student movements -- Africa -- 20th century -- Sources. 1
- Student movements -- Asia -- 20th century -- Sources. 1
- Student movements -- Europe -- 20th century -- Sources. 1
- Student movements -- Latin America -- 20th century -- Sources. 1
- Tracts (Ephemera) 1
- Travel -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. -- Sources. 1
- Travel -- Sources. 1 ∧ less
- Feliciano, Idali 1
- Lockwood, William G. 1
- Lockwood, Yvonne R. 1
- Michigan State University 1
- Mujeres Unidas de Michigan 1