Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents "From Murfreesboro to Chickamauga and Libby Prison" is a photocopy of a typed document, which was made from an original dictation of Dr. Henry Goodale's experience as a surgeon in the Civil War. Goodale served in the 21st Michigan Infantry. The events he described occurred between June 24, 1863 and November 24, 1863. The account tells of his experience in battle at Murfreesboro and Chickamauga; how he helped wounded soldiers both on and off the battlefield; and his time as a prisoner...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of two copies of a published transcript of the Civil War diary kept by Sheldon R. Curtiss, a native of Saranac, Michigan. His diary describes army life as well as his experiences as a prisoner in Libby Prison and at Andersonville. The diary edited by his youngest daughter Evelyn Curtiss Lowrey, was originally published in the Ionia County News.
Dates: 1862 - 1864
- Names: Libby Prison X
- Chickamauga, Battle of, Ga., 1863 1
- Stones River, Battle of, Murfreesboro, Tenn., 1862-1863 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Medical care 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- Andersonville Prison 1
- Curtiss, Sheldon R. 1
- Goodale, Henry A., Dr. 1
- United States. Army -- Military life -- History -- 19th century 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Cavalry Regiment, 6th (1862-1865) 1