Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Scope and Content The collection consists of four oversized photographs that include the baseball team, field day team and an unidentified fraternal organization. All are circa 1896.
Dates: 1896 - 1899
Scope and Contents Alvin Crossman Pratt papers consist of a scrapbook and memorabilia, primarily from Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University), but including some items from Pratt's years as a student at Lansing High School. The scrapbook contains invitations, letters, postcards, photographs, posters, and programs from dances and parties, as well as from the Semi-Centennial Celebration in 1907. Memorabilia also include M.A.C. registration receipts (1904-1907). Also included are three...
Dates: 1902 - 1909
Scope and Content The Charles E. Ingerson collection contains one autograph album. This album contains signatures and verses from students and faculty at the State Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) from 1877-1883. Some noteworthy signatures in the album are from William J. Beal, Frank S. Kedzie, and Samuel H. Abbott.
Dates: 1877 - 1883
Scope and Content The Diploma collection is an artificial collection comprised of college diplomas from various record groups or accessions.
Scope and Content The Edwin Willits papers consist of correspondence, financial records, Willits' inaugural address at Michigan Agricultural College, and various education-related materials, primarily concerning natural science.
Dates: 1884 - 1889
Scope and Content The Lewis Griffin Gorton papers consist of correspondence during Gorton's years as president of Michigan Agricultural College. Also included is Gorton's inaugural address.
Dates: 1893 - 1895
Scope and Content The Lewis Ransom Fiske papers include presidential reports to the State Board of Agriculture, two published speeches, an address, correspondence, financial papers, a student petition, and biographical information on Fiske.
Dates: 1855 - 1862
Scope and Content This collection includes notes of lectures delivered by Professors L. H. Bailey, R. C. Kedzie and A. J. Cook; speeches and a manuscript prepared by Bregger while he was a student at Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University); commencement programs and programs of meetings he attended; and programs for the M.A.C. Semi Centennial celebration in 1907. The correspondence is arranged into five folders. The first two contain mostly letters written by Bregger to his older...
Dates: 1884 - 1909
Collection — Box: 1-2
Scope and Content This collection consists of bulletins published by Michigan Agricultural College/Michigan State College/Michigan State University. Topics include annual reports of the president, information about campus and programs of study, and general announcements.
Dates: 1902 - 1963
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Content The Bubble contained short articles, poems, and notices of events around campus. There was substance to the articles, though their tone was often satirical or humorous. There were observations of lectures, books, and the evils of smoking. The publication also took great joy in insulting neighboring communities. After Burton graduated The Bubble ceased to exist. It would be 13 more years before another student publication appeared on campus.
- Names: State Agricultural College (Mich.) X
- Letters (correspondence) 5
- Speeches 5
- College presidents -- Michigan 4
- Agriculture -- Study and teaching 2
- Photographs 2
- Programs (Publications) 2
- Agricultural education 1
- Albums 1
- Athletics -- Michigan 1
- College athletes 1
- College campuses -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- College wit and humor 1
- Diaries 1
- Diplomas 1
- Education -- Michigan 1
- Education, Higher -- History -- 19th century 1
- Forests and forestry 1
- Horticulture -- Study and teaching 1
- Natural history -- Study and teaching 1
- Postcards 1
- Reports 1
- Schools -- Michigan -- Lansing 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Student activities 1
- Student newspapers and periodicals -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Student publications 1
- Track and field 1
- United States 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ less
- Michigan Agricultural College 9
- Kuhn, Madison, 1910-1985 5
- Agricultural College of the State of Michigan 2
- Abbot, Theophilus Capen, 1826-1892 1
- Abbott, Samuel H., 1853-1903 1
- Bailey, L. H. (Liberty Hyde), 1858-1954 1
- Beal, W. J. (William James), 1833-1924 1
- Bregger, Myra Potter 1
- Cook, Albert John, 1842-1916 1
- Gorton, Lewis Griffin, 1859-1933 1
- Ingerson, Charles E. 1
- Johnson, Samuel, 1839-1916 1
- Kedzie, Frank Stewart 1
- Kedzie, R. C. (Robert Clark), 1823-1902 1
- Michigan State College 1
- Michigan State University 1
- Michigan State University. Cadet Corps 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1899 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1907 1
- Michigan State University. Office of the President 1
- Michigan State University. Students 1
- Tau Beta Pi. Alpha Chapter (Michigan State University) 1
- University of Michigan 1
- Willits, Mr. (Edwin), 1830-1896 1 ∧ less