Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Contents The Brian Gladue collection consists of slides of take by alumnus Brian Gladue during his time at MSU 1975-1979. Include are images of campus buildings and grounds, the marching band on the field at Spartan Stadium, tennis courts near Spartan Stadium, the Spartan/ Sparty Statue, and students walking and biking to class. Of note is an image of an MSU Police car and officer at Transportation Services under Spartan Stadium. There is also an image of entrance sign to MSU near Hagadorn Road and...
Dates: 1975, 1978-1979
Scope and Contents This collection consists of photographs and negatives from Michigan State College (now Michigan State University) dating to 1948 of the stadium rededication and the MSC-UM football Game, the Spring Parade and Water Carnival, a spring flood on the Red Cedar River, a ROTC Unit, and MSC buildings, including construction on the Union building, the Physics-Astronomy Building, Beaumont Tower, the Auditorium, the library (present-day Museum), Mason Hall, the Music building (labelled as Home...
Dates: 1947 - 1948
Scope and Contents The photograph collection contains two images of the Michigan State University Intramural West pool, one image possibly of a building in MSU Brody Complex, two images of an Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Lansing Police Car, two images of a river with ducks probably the Red Cedar river on MSU Campus, six images showing a house in winter and street scenes with snow probably Lansing or East Lansing, and an image of another house in summer.
Dates: 1961-1962, undated
Scope and Contents The Laurence H. White collection contains a story written by the group the Greek Interpreters for entry into the Baker Street Irregulars Club. Also included are personal reminiscences pertaining to Michigan State University events and activities. The manuscript story is called “The Singular Affair of Mr. Phillip Phot,” a Sherlock Holmes story written by White and other club members. The story follows Sherlock Holmes as he attempts to understand a mysterious telegram sent to him by his brother...
Dates: 1947, 2010-2011
Scope and Contents The Mr. and Mrs. Hubert Brown collection contains photographs and glass negatives of Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University). Images include a garage on the site where College Hall stood, the train station/depot on campus, the power house, and student cap night from 1923.
Dates: 1922 - 1930
Content Description The collection consists of seven slides of campus take by Neal McLain during a visit to Michigan State University in 1959. The slides show Beaumont Tower, Red Cedar River, two images of Kellog Center, tulips by a pathway ligth at night, an unidentified building, and a bridge pathway with the stadium in the distance.
Scope and Content The Onn Mann Liang collection contains a scrapbook, photographs, 1926 Michigan State College (now Michigan State University) diploma, travel and work documents, and Chinese permits. The scrapbook contains photographs of MSC campus scenes, friends, and scenes. They also reflect his interest in bridges, engineering and architecture and include scenes from Chicago and Buffalo, New York. The photographs include graduation, family photos, and wedding photographs. There are also photographs of...
Dates: circa 1922-1971, 2013
Scope and Contents The Robert Gartung collection contains photographs of campus taken from 1935 to 1950 and 1984. The photos include Old Horticulture building, Entomology building, Student Services, Beaumont Tower, and the Spartan Statue. There are also photographs of the horticulture gardens next to the Old Horticulture building, the Red Cedar River in winter, as well as a photograph of Robert Gartung in graduation robes.
Dates: 1935-1950, 1984
- Photographs 4
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 2
- Football 2
- College buildings 1
- College buildings -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Diplomas 1
- East Lansing (Mich.) 1
- East Lansing (Mich.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Engineering -- Study and teaching 1
- Farm Lane (East Lansing, Mich.) 1
- Foreign study 1
- Gardens 1
- Glass plate negatives 1
- Labor unions -- Michigan -- Lansing 1
- Lansing (Mich.) 1
- Lansing (Mich.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Outdoor sculpture 1
- Quonset huts 1
- Roads -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Slides 1
- Student activities 1
- Students, Foreign 1 ∧ less
- Michigan State University. Buildings 4
- Michigan State University. Buildings. Spartan Stadium 3
- Baker Street Irregulars (Organization : U.S.) 1
- Doyle, Arthur Conan, 1859-1930 1
- Kellogg Center of Michigan State University 1
- Kresge Art Center 1
- Lansing (Mich.). Police Department 1
- McLain, Neal 1
- Michigan Agricultural College. Buildings 1
- Michigan Agricultural College. Students 1
- Michigan State College 1
- Michigan State College. Buildings 1
- Michigan State Spartans (Football team) 1
- Michigan State University. Abrams Planetarium 1
- Michigan State University. Alumni and alumnae 1
- Michigan State University. Beaumont Tower 1
- Michigan State University. Buildings. Intramural Recreative Sports-West 1
- Michigan State University. Buildings. Wells Hall 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1926 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1948 1
- Michigan State University. Department of Police and Public Safety 1
- United States. Army. Reserve Officers' Training Corps 1
- W.J. Beal Botanical Garden 1 ∧ less