Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Content Description The Gayle Robertson papers contain letters written by Gayle Robertson, an African-American student at Michigan State University, to her mother Lucille at home. Gayle describes her social life, dormitory life, academic life, and studying. Many of the letters mention her concerns with finances and getting a student job. She also mentions dating and social functions. There are also six photos from May 1964 showing dorm rooms and friends. Also included are letters between Lucille and Bernard...
Dates: 1944, 1945, 1963-1967, 1969
Content The Mary Zurburg collection contains two scrapbooks and also a list of her floor mates, reminiscences, and a biography sheet. The scrapbooks contains materials from her time as a student at Michigan State University including greeting cards, event and play programs, newspaper clippings, report cards, dance cards, tickets, marriage and birth announcements, photographs, student activity identification cards, a commencement program, play programs, and photographs and mementos from a trip to...
Dates: 1954-1958, 2014
- African American college students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Dance cards 1
- Letters (correspondence) 1
- Minority college students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Michigan State University. Alumni and alumnae 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1958 1
- Michigan State University. Student housing 1
- Michigan State University. Students. Women 1
- Robertson, Bernard 1