Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of two teacher certificates (1861) and one teacher contract (1861) issued to Mary E. Bennett of Williamstown Township, Ingham County, Michigan.
Scope and Contents The papers of Naomi Carrier (Mrs. William) Schopp consist mainly of correspondence of Mrs. Schopp, of Eaton and Ingham Counties, Michigan, her mother, Mrs. Joseph J. (Ada) Taylor, of Eaton County, and other relatives and friends. Included are correspondence between Mrs. Taylor, her sister, Nettie, and their mother, Marilla Collins.Of interest are letters from Nettie (1893) describing the difficult birth of her child, from Ada (1914) discussing household tasks, and from M. A. Wilson...
Dates: 1891 - 1942
Scope and Contents This collection consists mainly of correspondence and other papers relating to the Stephen Scofield family of Ingham County, Michigan. Much of the correspondence relates to Grace Scofield Bridger (daughter of Stephen) and is mostly personal in content. Of special interest, however, are a letter (January 24, 1858) describing land and farming conditions in Wisconsin, and a letter (May 3, 1888) relating farming news and local market prices of farm produce in Kansas. Also included are a number...
Dates: 1853-1920, undated
Scope and Contents The Vernon J. Brown papers consist of a typewritten manuscript, "70 years - 17 Governors" and a reprint of Brown's published reminiscences of pioneering history and farm life in the area of Ingham County, Michigan. The former document includes personal impressions of prominent men in Michigan government and education, including the seventeen governors with whom Brown worked and served, from Hazen Pingree to G. Mennen Williams. Brown, who was owner and editor of the ...
- Letters (correspondence) 2
- Women -- Michigan 2
- Agriculture -- Michigan 1
- Agriculture -- Wisconsin 1
- Childbirth -- Michigan 1
- Eaton County (Mich.) 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Michigan 1
- Ingham County (Mich.) -- History 1
- Legal instruments 1
- Michigan -- Politics and government 1
- Michigan -- Social life and customs 1
- Poetry 1
- Tintype 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Medical care 1
- Williamston (Mich.) 1 ∧ less
- Bridger, Lewis 1
- Brown, Vernon J. (Vernon Jacobs) 1
- United States. Army -- Military life -- History -- 19th century 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Infantry Regiment, 23rd (1862-1865) 1