Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Content The collection consists of a scrapbook for 1947-1948 and slides of the 1955 MSU Centennial parade. The scrapbook contains newspaper clippings, event programs, event and football tickets, sport schedules, student activity ticket books, dance cards, housing and fee receipts, and grade slips. Other items include a 1948 football program for the dedication of Macklin Field, program and ticket for Laurence Olivier in the movie Hamlet, pamphlet for the Ambassador Bridge, ephemera related to the...
Dates: 1947-1948, 1955
Scope and Contents This collection contains typed copies of two interviews of old pioneers of Northern Michigan conducted by Harold Tubbs, District Game Supervisor. In the first interview Mrs. Elizabeth Foley of Grayling recalls her early experiences in Grayling and lumbering in the late 1800s. The second interview is with Matt Jordan, a native of Iosco County, who discusses his skills in hunting and trapping. The collection also includes a journal kept by O.H. Perry of Cleveland, Ohio, during an elk hunting...
- Subject: Grayling (Mich.) X
- Diaries 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Michigan 1
- Hunting -- Michigan 1
- Iosco County (Mich.) 1
- Lumbering -- Michigan 1
- Michigan State University. Alumni and alumnae 1
- Michigan State University. Centennial celebrations, etc 1
- Michigan State University. Football 1
- Michigan State University. Sparty (Mascot) 1
- Michigan State University. Students 1