Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Scope and Contents The records consist of the report “A Compilation of Data on Faculty, Academic Staff, and Students at MSU by Gender and Ethnic Id Fall 1990 Data”, memos about policy changes, information about the specialists position category, and information about Lilly Teaching Fellows seminars. Also included are Information Reports of Academic Personnel Actions for 1998, 2003 and 2004. The Electronic Resources includes correspondence in the form of e-mail memos and attachments.
Dates: 1985 - 2016
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents This serial is a newsletter published by the Adminstration Professional Association. The newsletter contains news, updates and meeting announcements for members of the bargaining unit.
Dates: 1977 - 2015
Identifier: MSS 316 large
Scope and Contents The collection has letters, pamphlets, election material, and shop papers which document their involvement in a number of dissident groups within the United Auto Workers, including the United National Caucus which lobbied for a more democratic union structure. As members of the Trotskyite Socialist Workers Party they collected a good deal of internal party material from the late 1930’s to the Vietnam War era.
Scope and Contents This typewritten autobiography contains discussions of numerous social, political, and economic issues connected with Grennell's newspaper, the Detroit News, and legislative activities. A microfilm copy of the collection is available.
Scope and Contents The Laurence H. White collection contains a story written by the group the Greek Interpreters for entry into the Baker Street Irregulars Club. Also included are personal reminiscences pertaining to Michigan State University events and activities. The manuscript story is called “The Singular Affair of Mr. Phillip Phot,” a Sherlock Holmes story written by White and other club members. The story follows Sherlock Holmes as he attempts to understand a mysterious telegram sent to him by his brother...
Dates: 1947, 2010-2011
Identifier: MSS 222
Scope and Contents The Michigan Right to Work protest posters collection is comprised of 17 print and holographic copies of protest signs, 5 of which are photograph reproductions; and miscellaneous print materials.
Identifier: MSS 438 large
Scope and Contents The Stuart N. Dowty and Janet Goldwasser collection consists of radical materials dating between 1960-2004. The material ranges from the Detroit coalition to end the war in Vietnam, the Black Panthers, local communist union, labor unions, draft resistance, and youth culture. The collection includes pamphlets, newspapers, newsletters, leaflets, magazines, and flyers.
Dates: 1960 - 2000
Scope and Content This collection consists of two newsletters of the Teachers' Union at Michigan State College (later Michigan State University).
Dates: 1952 - 1958
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSS 278 small
Scope and Contents This collection of materials consists of correspondence, flyers, petitions, and ephemera about the Western Federation of Miners and affiliated local unions. Included is correspondence from WFM Secretary-Treasurer William D. Haywood, detailed letters concerning the Northern Michigan copper miners strike of 1913-1914, pamphlets requesting financial assistance to aid strikers around the country, leaflets listing delinquent and unfair workers, and flyers promoting the eight-hour work day.
- Subject: Labor unions -- Michigan X
- Michigan State University Archives and Historical Collections 6
- Stephen O. Murray and Keelung Hong Special Collections 4
- Labor unions -- Michigan 4
- Labor unions -- Michigan -- Lansing 2
- Newsletters 2
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- College campuses -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Copper Miners' Strike, Mich., 1913-1914. 1
- Copper miners -- Labor unions -- Michigan -- History. 1
- Correspondence 1
- Demonstrations -- Michigan -- Lansing -- 21st century -- Sources 1
- Detroit (Mich.) 1
- Detroit news (Detroit, Mich. : 1905) 1
- East Lansing (Mich.) 1
- Electronic mail messages 1
- Football 1
- Journalism -- Michigan 1
- Labor laws and legislation -- Michigan -- Sources. 1
- Labor movement -- Michigan -- Detroit -- History -- Sources. 1
- Labor movement -- Michigan -- History -- Sources. 1
- Labor union locals -- Michigan -- Detroit -- Sources. 1
- Labor unions 1
- Labor unions -- Michigan -- Detroit -- History 1
- Labor unions -- Michigan -- History -- Sources. 1
- Labor unions -- Michigan -- Sources. 1
- Labor unions -- Political activity 1
- Labor unions and communism -- Michigan -- Sources. 1
- Leadership and management in education 1
- Memorandums 1
- Michigan -- Politics and government 1
- Open and closed shop -- Law and legislation -- Michigan -- Sources. 1
- Periodicals 1
- Popular culture -- Michigan -- Detroit -- History 1
- Radicalism -- Michigan -- Detroit -- History 1
- Red Cedar River (Mich.) 1
- Retirement 1
- Right to labor -- Law and legislation -- Michigan. -- Sources. 1
- Social reformers -- Michigan 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Copper mining -- Michigan -- History. 1
- Student activities 1
- Tracts (Ephemera) 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 1
- Universities and colleges -- Professional staff 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- Michigan -- Detroit 1 ∧ less
- American Federation of Teachers 1
- Baker Street Irregulars (Organization : U.S.) 1
- Black Panther Party 1
- Dowty, Stuart 1
- Doyle, Arthur Conan, 1859-1930 1