Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Content Description The Gayle Robertson papers contain letters written by Gayle Robertson, an African-American student at Michigan State University, to her mother Lucille at home. Gayle describes her social life, dormitory life, academic life, and studying. Many of the letters mention her concerns with finances and getting a student job. She also mentions dating and social functions. There are also six photos from May 1964 showing dorm rooms and friends. Also included are letters between Lucille and Bernard...
Dates: 1944, 1945, 1963-1967, 1969
Scope and Contents This collection contains the reminiscences of Jon L. Young, based on diaries he kept while a student at Michigan State College (now Michigan State University) from 1931 to 1935.Young talks about classes, work, and social activities as well as his family which lived in and around the Lansing area. His memoirs also include photographs of himself, brother, and college friends, and an epilogue which briefly summarizes Young's life after college.Young describes classes...
Dates: April 1986
Content The Mary Zurburg collection contains two scrapbooks and also a list of her floor mates, reminiscences, and a biography sheet. The scrapbooks contains materials from her time as a student at Michigan State University including greeting cards, event and play programs, newspaper clippings, report cards, dance cards, tickets, marriage and birth announcements, photographs, student activity identification cards, a commencement program, play programs, and photographs and mementos from a trip to...
Dates: 1954-1958, 2014
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 2
- Student activities -- Michigan -- East Lansing 2
- African American college students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Dance cards 1
- Depressions -- 1929 -- United States 1
- Diaries 1
- Letters (correspondence) 1
- Minority college students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Photographs 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Student activities 1
- Student housing 1 + ∧ less
- Michigan State College. International Relations Club 1
- Michigan State University. Alumni and alumnae 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1935 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1958 1
- Michigan State University. Department of History 1