Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Content The James William Ochs collection contains six folders of photographs taken by James during his time at Michigan State College (now Michigan State University). The photos show student activities including sports. The sports photos include basketball, both intercollegiate and intramural, football, and boxing. Of particular interest are the photos of the annual Class Rivalry between freshmen and sophomores at the college showing the tug of war and defending the flag. Also included in the...
Dates: circa 1948
Scope and Content The collection consists of eleven photographs taken by Nathan Taisch in 1929. Five of the photographs show the Michigan State College band performing at a football game. One photograph is of Wells Hall decorated with a large "S" and a banner reading "Spartans Beat Detroit." Four of the photographs are of men standing around a tower of junk for the sophomore barbeque with signs reading "U. of Detroit" and "Health Service." The final photograph is of eight men posing for a picture with the...
Dates: 1929, undated
- Boxing -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- College sports -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Student activities -- Michigan 1
- Student activities -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Michigan State College. Marching Band 1
- Michigan State Spartans (Basketball team) 1
- Michigan State Spartans (Football team) 1
- Michigan State University. Buildings 1
- Michigan State University. Buildings. Wells Hall 1