Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
Scope and Contents The Carilon Carr collection contains twenty four dance cards from her time as a student at Michigan State College. The dance cards include J-Hops, the Spinster Spin sponsored by the Tower Guard, Mortar Board and Spartan Women's League; Mardi Gras dances sponsored by the Student Council, the Holiday Hop sponsored by Snyder- Philips Club; Engineers Balls sponsored by the Engineering Association and Engineering Council; the Bellhop sponsored by Sigma Gamma Upsilon and MSC Hotel Association; the...
Dates: 1947 - 1950
Scope and Content This collection contains materials which were saved in the scrapbook of Carol Lou Wilkens (Moody) during her time in attendance at Michigan State College, beginning in Fall term 1952 and concluding following fall term 1953. These items include: photocopies of personal documents issued by the college; information pamphlets provided by the college to students; orientation, student government, event, and music programs and tickets; the Spartan magazine issue from May 1953. There are also...
Dates: 1952 - 1954
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a 1966 Water Carnival program and ticket.
Dates: 1966 - 1966
Content The Dorothy Shemick Collection contains negatives of student life. Included are student events, campus, and people. The images of campus and building include Macklin Field, Co-Op Houses - Beal house and Kedrick Housea and construction photos of President Hannah's house. Other images include action shots of football, hockey, and diving, water carnival, parties, teas, Sailing club, Yakeley girls group photos, Yakeley officer photos, and a Horticulture Show, President Hannah;s senior reception,...
Dates: 1948 - 1950
Scope and Contents The collection contains the photo album of Elizabeth Jean Sawer Wittet from her time at Michigan State College (now Michigan State University) as well as a few photographs that are not MSC-related. Includes portraits of friends, images of students at events and parties, a few images of campus, a campaign ad for Senior Vice-President, a MSC baseball player, an Olympic boxer, and a Safety Education certificate for a course of instruction at the Driver Education Institute held at MSC from 1950.
Dates: 1944 - 1949
Scope and Content The James William Ochs collection contains six folders of photographs taken by James during his time at Michigan State College (now Michigan State University). The photos show student activities including sports. The sports photos include basketball, both intercollegiate and intramural, football, and boxing. Of particular interest are the photos of the annual Class Rivalry between freshmen and sophomores at the college showing the tug of war and defending the flag. Also included in the...
Dates: circa 1948
Scope and Contents The John Herbert Thomson collection includes a scrapbook which contains photos of class rush, the Michigan State University campus and buildings, and students. The scrapbook also includes photos of scenes in the Upper Peninsula including Tahquamenon Falls, Newberry, Michigan 4th of July events including a wrestling match between Pittsley and McLeod, University of Michigan, one image of Crisp Life Saving Station and Lighthouse, Camp Custer 1917. Photographs not in the scrapbook include Helen...
Dates: 1897, 1917-1992
Scope and Contents The Louis Russell collection contains a photograph album and a student beanie hat. The photograph album contains signatures of Russell's friends, images of Russell and his friends, interior and exterior images of the Union Literary Society house, images of the college circus and parade which was put on by students, and images of class rush/class rivalry activities. Also included is a student activity ticket book from spring 1947 belonging to Dale E. Hathaway. According to the donor, Hathaway...
Dates: 1909-1912, 1947
Content The Mary Zurburg collection contains two scrapbooks and also a list of her floor mates, reminiscences, and a biography sheet. The scrapbooks contains materials from her time as a student at Michigan State University including greeting cards, event and play programs, newspaper clippings, report cards, dance cards, tickets, marriage and birth announcements, photographs, student activity identification cards, a commencement program, play programs, and photographs and mementos from a trip to New...
Dates: 1954-1958, 2014
Scope and Contents The Robert B. Morris Papers consist of a 1951 commencement program, a MSU student identification and activity cards; student membership cards for the American Institute of Electrical Engineers and Radio Engineers MSC Branch; an Alpha Phi Omega membership card; a housing deposit receipt; grade reports; transfer credit paperwork, and statement of his marine corps training.
Dates: 1947 - 1951
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing 6
- Dance cards 4
- Photographs 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Ephemera 2
- Programs (Publications) 2
- Balls (Parties) 1
- Boxing -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Catholic Church -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Circus 1
- College campuses 1
- College sports -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- College student orientation 1
- College students 1
- Course materials 1
- Course schedules 1
- Dormitory life -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Family histories 1
- Football 1
- Greek letter societies 1
- Greek letter societies -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Handcarts 1
- Hockey 1
- Housing, Cooperative -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Michigan -- Religion 1
- Newsletters 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Publications 1
- Red Cedar River (Mich.) 1
- Reports 1
- Sports 1
- Swimming 1
- Theater 1
- Universities and colleges -- Examinations 1
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.) 1
- Volunteers -- Michigan 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1 ∧ less
- Michigan State College. Students 4
- Michigan State University. Alumni and alumnae 3
- Michigan Agricultural College. Class rivalry 2
- Michigan State Spartans (Football team) 2
- Michigan State University. Junior Hop 2
- Michigan State University. Students 2
- Alpha Psi Omega 1
- Brown, Roger Allan 1
- Michigan Agricultural College. Circus 1
- Michigan Agricultural College. Students 1
- Michigan Agricultural College. Union Literary Society 1
- Michigan State Chamber of Commerce 1
- Michigan State College. All-College Student Government 1
- Michigan State Spartans (Basketball team) 1
- Michigan State University. Athletics. Hockey 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1910 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1948 1
- Michigan State University. Class of 1958 1
- Michigan State University. Football 1
- Michigan State University. Macklin Field 1
- National Biscuit Company 1
- Phi Delta Theta Fraternity. Michigan Beta Chapter (Michigan State University) 1
- Russell, Louis S. 1
- Zurburg, Mary Martin 1 ∧ less