Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Content The James William Ochs collection contains six folders of photographs taken by James during his time at Michigan State College (now Michigan State University). The photos show student activities including sports. The sports photos include basketball, both intercollegiate and intramural, football, and boxing. Of particular interest are the photos of the annual Class Rivalry between freshmen and sophomores at the college showing the tug of war and defending the flag. Also included in the...
Dates: circa 1948
Scope and Contents The John Herbert Thomson collection includes a scrapbook which contains photos of class rush, the Michigan State University campus and buildings, and students. The scrapbook also includes photos of scenes in the Upper Peninsula including Tahquamenon Falls, Newberry, Michigan 4th of July events including a wrestling match between Pittsley and McLeod, University of Michigan, one image of Crisp Life Saving Station and Lighthouse, Camp Custer 1917. Photographs not in the scrapbook include Helen...
Dates: 1897, 1917-1992
- Boxing -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- College sports -- Michigan -- East Lansing 1
- Family histories 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.) 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1 + ∧ less
- Michigan Agricultural College. Students 1
- Michigan Agricultural College. Students. Societies, etc 1
- Michigan State College. Sports 1
- Michigan State College. Students 1
- Michigan State Spartans (Basketball team) 1